Big-picture content strategy
Map out your content strategy so that you know why each item is there and how will it function. Consistently make content that serves your audience and makes them want to take that next step that leads to a first sale, then continues to generate more.
Want real results? Create content with
Know when to deploy it, how it will be delivered, and what your reader will do next.
- Help grow a thriving audience that's interested in what you do.
- Retain customer interest so that you get repeat clients – the most valuable kind.
- Quit wasting time stressing over what's going into your next newsletter or what your next post will be because you've planned out your topics in advance.
A cohesive content plan gets implemented over time. It's not a one-off campaign. Instead, it's
Know your audience and your business goals
Map out content to nurture their needs and meet your goals
When, where and how it will reach your audience?
Plan a funnel that supports your customer path. Ask them to take the next step.
1. Know your audience and your business goals
- What do your readers need to know before they become buyers?
- What will be useful to them after they've become customers?
- What action do you want someone to take?
- Do your social media profiles work with your strategy?
2. Map out content
- What content will appeal to your audience?
- How can that content work
tomeet your goals?
- Blog, newsletter, white paper or e-book? Mini-course, or an email series with some training?
SimpleFAQ or how-to guide?
3. When, where and how it will reach your audience?
- Purely organic content or spend a bit of money on advertising?
- Which social media platforms are best?
- Are there other ways to reach the people most likely to buy?
- What does the path from follower to customer look like?
4. Plan a funnel that supports your customer path.
- Traffic from one or multiple sources: email marketing, social media, search, advertising.
- Landing pages that lead into the next step toward the action you've defined as your goal.
- Ensure there's an infrastructure in place to make it easy to take the next step.
Need help with marketing strategy and content planning?
Get help planning your strategy from a certified content marketer.
With a clear plan, you'll always know what to do next for your online marketing, and you won't have to spend as much time coming up with ideas for your blog or newsletter.